Finalists Named for NSBA Advocate AwardMay 16, 2018
NSBA has selected five finalists the 2018 Lewis Shattuck Small Business Advocate of the Year Award. The award winner will be announced during NSBA’s Annual Advocate of the Year Award Luncheon on Monday, June 11 at 11:30 a.m., which is the kick-off event for the NSBA Washington Presentation on June 11-12.
“This is an outstanding group of small-business advocates whose tireless efforts have vastly improved the small-business community locally, regionally and nationally,” stated NSBA President and CEO Todd McCracken. “I am proud to recognize their hard work and dedication to increasing opportunities for small-business owners and entrepreneurs for years to come.”
NSBA is honoring the following small-business owners for their excellence in advocating on small-business issues:
- Lisa Fullerton, president and CEO of A Novel Idea in San Antonio, Texas
- Chris Holman, president and owner of Michigan Business Monthly in Lansing, Michigan
- Larry Nannis, Lawrence S. Nannis Consultant to Entrepreneurs in Framingham, Massachusetts
- Mike Schreurs, chairman and chief strategist of Strategic America in West Des Moines, Iowa
- Rick Whipple, CEO of WhippleWood CPAs in Littleton, Colorado
“As a small-business owner, I know just how difficult it can be to find time for all the things you are passionate about, but I also know how important it is to be engaged politically on issues that impact our small businesses,” stated NSBA Chair Cynthia Kay of Cynthia Kay and Co. “I am truly honored to stand side-by-side with these phenomenal small-business advocates and applaud their decades of service to America’s small-business community.”
Among the key criteria used in determining award finalists is a commitment to small-business advocacy above and beyond policies that specifically impact their own business or industry, as well as a broad scope of volunteer efforts to advance and improve small business.