NSBA Award Deadline This Friday, April 7April 5, 2017
The Lewis A. Shattuck Small Business Advocate of the Year Award recognizes small-business owners who go above and beyond in advocating for the small-business community. Four finalists and the overall winner will be honored at NSBA’s upcoming Washington Presentation on June 19, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
Now in its 11th year, the Advocate of the Year Award provides public recognition of the finalists’ and winner’s ongoing efforts to improve the small-business climate in the U.S.
NSBA is seeking small-business owners with the following qualifications:
- A commitment to small-business advocacy above and beyond policies that specifically impact their own business or industry;
- A proven history of volunteer efforts to advance and improve the overall small-business community;
- Success in advocating for pro-small business policies;
- Success and growth as a small-business owner; and
- Any other accomplishments demonstrating merit as an effective advocate for small-business interests.