New NSBA Board LeadershipFebruary 26, 2018
The National Small Business Association (NSBA) has elected its 2018 leadership, led by Cynthia Kay of Cynthia Kay and Co., a Michigan-based media production company. Ushering in a new year with a group of visionary small-business owners, Kay recently led her first Board meeting with focused discussions on health care, NSBA member engagement and the organization’s events.
“Throughout her various volunteer posts here at NSBA, Cynthia has been extremely involved, thoughtful and forward-thinking,” stated NSBA President Todd McCracken. “She has testified before Congress on key small-business issues, and continues to push our organization to be the best possible advocate for America’s small-business owners.”
Joining Kay in leadership positions on the NSBA Board of Trustees are:
- Pedro Alfonso of Dynamic Concepts, Inc. in Washington, D.C. as Immediate Past Chair;
- Sharon Toerek of Toerek Law in Cleveland, Ohio as First Vice Chair;
- Tom Secor of Durable Corporation in Norwalk, Ohio as Treasurer;
- Robert Treiber of Boston Engineering Corporation in Boston, Massachusetts as Secretary;
- Marc Amato of Walco Electric Company in Providence, Rhode Island as Vice Chair for Advocacy;
- Michael Stanek of Hunt Imaging in Berea, Ohio as Vice Chair for Membership; and
- ML Mackey of Beacon Interactive Systems in Waltham, Massachusetts as Vice Chair for Communications.
NSBA’s new leadership brings decades of small-business advocacy experience with a broad representation of industries and policy expertise. Leaders not only on the national stage, these small-business owners are deeply involved in local and regional small-business organizations and stand to broaden NSBA’s reach dramatically.
“I am honored to serve as Chair for NSBA alongside a group of such talented small-business owners and advocates,” stated Kay. “We share a passion for representing the best interests of America’s very diverse small-business community, and we are uniquely proud of our nonpartisan roots as an organization. I look forward to carrying that message forward throughout my chairmanship.”
Please click here for more on NSBA’s Board of Trustees.
Celebrating more than 80 years in operation, NSBA is a member-driven nonpartisan organization advocating on behalf of America’s entrepreneurs. NSBA’s 65,000 members represent every state and every industry in the U.S., and we are proud to be the nation’s first small-business advocacy organization.