Membership Manager – Posted July 20, 2018
NSBA is seeking highly-motivated membership managers to help grow and strengthen the association. If you believe in small business and the free enterprise system and enjoy and feel comfortable speaking with small business CEOs you may be qualified for this position. You will contact members and discuss important small-business issues that the association is working on including tax policy, healthcare reform, regulations and small business access to capital. You will also be required to obtain new members for the association.
This is a draw vs commission position with benefits. Highly motivated candidates can realistically earn 75-100k first year.
If interested please email email@example.com
NSBA Intern – Fall/Winter 2018
About the Internship:
The National Small Business Association is looking for motivated, politically-minded interns. Internships at NSBA involve myriad tasks in two departments—government affairs and communications. NSBA offers a relatively flexible work schedule and most internships provide a small stipend.
The spring/summer internship is an eight-week program at an average of 20 hours per-week. This program requires intern availability from May 23 through June 15, and the remaining 5 weeks can either be prior to, or following this time-frame. The internship may require additional hours to be worked in the week leading up to and during our Washington Presentation event, June 11-12, with a commensurate drop in hours at another period during the internship.
- Writing testimony and regulatory comments;
- Researching and writing Issue Brief documents on any number of policy topics;
- Interviewing small-business members for online articles;
- Researching and writing topical news articles on small-business issues;
- Overseeing and posting on various social media accounts;
- Developing general op-eds on small-business policy issues; and
- Coordinating and scheduling Hill visits for annual fly-in event, the Washington Presentation.
- Working toward degree in political science, business and/or communication fields;
- Highly organized and able to multi-task several projects simultaneously;
- Interested in policy and advocacy;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Professional and polite during numerous phone calls;
- Competent with Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Self-motivated and able to accomplish tasks without constant supervision; and
- Flexibility with scheduling, particularly during annual event.
If you are interested in joining the NSBA team and learning more about small business, lobbying and grassroots advocacy, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.