Legislative Action Council
-Board Members Only-
ABOUT THE LAC
The NSBA Legislative Action Council oversees all policy decisions for NSBA and is comprised of the NSBA Executive Committee and all four policy group chairs. The information contained on this page is intended exclusively for the use of the LAC and is not to be shared publicly.
Next Meeting – July 11, 2022
* Agenda and Background will be posted the week prior to each call.
Below are links to each of our Policy Group webpages with links to past agendas and backgrounders as well as a variety of white-papers and other resources.
Because we are an advocacy organization, any new issue brought to the table needs to pass through an “issues filter.” Prior to bringing a new issue to the committee, the following questions should be addressed by you:
- Is the issue a specific small business issue or does the small business perspective add value to a broader conversation?
- How widely will this issue affect and impact our overall membership? Do a significant number of members share the same position?
- Can our organization truly have an impact?
- Are there direct legislative or regulatory actions NSBA staff can take to impact the issue or can we join the efforts of other groups who are taking the lead on it?
Please click on the links below to access past meetings’ agendas and backgrounders.
May 23, 2022
April 25, 2022
Feb. 28, 2022
Current NSBA Issues & Priorities
Access the comprehensive issue briefs on all NSBA issues as well as our current priorities.
NSBA Action Center
Contact your lawmakers through the NSBA Action Center on key issues facing your small business. Spend just 2 minutes to send your Senators and Representatives a well-researched, pre-drafted letter you can easily personalize for maximum impact.
See below for important LAC documents.
Marilyn Wilson Lund, Chair
NSBA VP of Government Affairs
NSBA President and CEO
The NSBA LAC meets on the fourth Monday of the month at 2:00 p.m. Eastern
- Feb. 28
- April 25
- May 23
- June 27
- July 25
- Sept. 26
- Oct. 24
- Nov. 28
- Dec. 26