ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR AWARD
NSBA recently recognized five outstanding small-business owners as our 2018 Lew Shattuck Advocate of the Year Award winners. The application process for next year’s award will begin in February 2019.
2018 Award Winners:
Larry Nannis of Framingham, Mass., was named the overall 2018 Lew Shattuck Small Business Advocate of the Year. An outspoken advocate on small-business issues for nearly 40 years, Nannis has testified before Congress, made annual trips to Washington, D.C. to advocate for pro-small-business policies, has mentored countless small-business advocates and was named a delegate to the 1995 White House Conference on Small Business.
NSBA also honored:
- Lisa Fullerton, A Novel Idea in San Antonio, Texas,
- Chris Holman, Michigan Business Monthly in Lansing, Michigan,
- Mike Schreurs, Strategic America in West Des Moines, Iowa, and
- Rick Whipple, WhippleWood CPAs in Littleton, Colorado
Qualifications and Criteria:
- A demonstrated commitment to small-business advocacy above and beyond policies that specifically impact their own business or industry;
- A proven history of volunteer efforts to advance and improve the overall small-business community;
- Success in advocating for pro-small business policies; and
- Success and growth as a small-business owner
Air Tractor, Inc.
Kushner & Company
Phoenix Products, Inc.
Grafton H. “Cap” Willey, IV
Factory Service Agency
Thomas C. Pitrone, CFP
The Integrity Group
Joseph Melookaran, CPA
Cal Insurance & Associates
Cleveland Medical Devices Inc. and Orbital Research Inc.,
Valerie W. Perlowitz
Reliable Integration Services