New 2020 NSBA Board LeadershipJanuary 8, 2020
The National Small Business Association (NSBA) is kicking off 2020 with new Board leadership led by Marc Amato of Walco Electric Company in Providence, Rhode Island, a high-tech automation engineering company with 87 years of experience. Amato has been active in NSBA for well over a decade, serving various leadership roles throughout his tenure.
“Marc has been an outspoken and highly engaged advocate for pro-small-business policies and he has done so by embracing and encouraging bipartisanship from policymakers and small-business owners alike,” stated NSBA President Todd McCracken. “Marc’s business acumen will bring a much-needed big picture perspective to the challenges we face in a hotly contested election year.”
Joining Amato in leadership positions on the NSBA Board of Trustees are:
- ML Mackey of Beacon Interactive Systems in Waltham, Massachusetts as First Vice Chair;
- Tom Secor of Durable Corporation in Norwalk, Ohio as Secretary;
- Michael Stanek of Hunt Imaging in Berea, Ohio as Treasurer;
- Robert Treiber of Boston Engineering Corporation in Boston, Massachusetts as Vice Chair for Advocacy;
- Michael Canty of Alloy Bellows & Precision Welding in Cleveland, Ohio as Vice Chair for Communications;
- Sheila Duffy-Lehrman of Tropical Survival Advertising & Marketing in Miami, Florida as Vice Chair for Membership; and
- Sharon Toerek of Toerek Law in Cleveland, Ohio as Immediate Past Chair.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to lead this outstanding organization. As Chair, I will work with our board members and staff to ensure that NSBA remains committed to its nonpartisan mission and to strongly advocate on behalf of small-businesses everywhere,” stated Amato. “Election year or not, policymakers need to hear from small business, and I intend to make sure that happens regularly through NSBA.”