New NSBA Board Leadership to Focus on Small Business Resilience in 2021January 7, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jan. 5, 2021
Washington, D.C. – The National Small Business Association (NSBA) is kicking off 2021 with new Board leadership led by ML Mackey, the CEO and co-founder of Beacon Interactive Systems, a digital innovator headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, providing mission critical technologies to the Department of Defense. For more than 15 years, Mackey has been active in NSBA leadership and has been a guiding force in underscoring NSBA’s purposeful nonpartisan policies.
“ML is a pragmatic, driven advocate for small businesses and the policies that fuel entrepreneurship in the U.S., sharing her thoughtful leadership to NSBA during some very turbulent times,” stated NSBA President Todd McCracken. “ML’s fierce dedication to NSBA’s goals and nonpolitical fight for small business will be a major asset to us and the millions of small businesses in America as we continue to push forward under the weight of the pandemic.”
Joining Mackey in leadership positions on the NSBA Board of Trustees for 2021 are:
- Michael Stanek of Hunt Imaging, LLC in Berea, Ohio as First Vice Chair;
- Sheila Duffy-Lehrman of Tropical Survival Advertising in Miami, Florida as Secretary;
- Michael Canty of Alloy Bellows & Precision Welding in Cleveland, Ohio as Treasurer;
- Robert Treiber of Boston Engineering Corporation in Boston, Massachusetts as Vice Chair for Advocacy;
- Brian Morales of Pro-Cal Lighting in Vista, California as Vice Chair for Communications;
- Robert Luft of Surefire Innovations in Cincinnati, Ohio as Vice Chair for Membership; and
- Marc Amato of Innova-Logic in North Kingston, Rhode Island as Immediate Past Chair.
“Small business has faced unprecedented hardship in the past year, and while there is light at the end of the tunnel, I will continue the fight to ensure our community thrives in spite of the difficulties we face,” stated Mackey. “NSBA will continue to be an outspoken, nonpartisan advocate for small business, and I look forward to meeting the challenges ahead of us they way we always have: with inclusivity, thoughtfulness and dedication to protecting the American dream.”
Please click here for more on NSBA’s Board of Trustees.
Celebrating more than 80 years in operation, NSBA is a member-driven nonpartisan organization advocating on behalf of America’s entrepreneurs. NSBA’s 65,000 members represent every state and every industry in the U.S., and we are proud to be the nation’s first small-business advocacy organization. Please visit www.nsba.biz.