NSBA Kicks off 2019 with New Board LeadershipJanuary 14, 2019
NSBA is kicking off a 2019 with new leadership led by Sharon Toerek of Toerek Law, a Cleveland-based national law firm with a concentration in the advertising, marketing and creative services industries. With a long history of volunteer leadership in association including NSBA affiliate, the Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE) and within NSBA, Toerek will couple her institutional history with her forward-looking vision for NSBA in what surely will be a busy year.
“I have had the honor of working with Sharon for many years, and can think of no other person more suited to lead NSBA through what is poised to be a tumultuous, divided year in Washington, D.C.,” stated NSBA President Todd McCracken. “Sharon’s steady hand, pragmatic leadership and assiduousness on policy matters will be a tremendous asset to NSBA.”
Joining Toerek in leadership positions on the NSBA Board of Trustees are:
- Marc Amato of Walco Electric Company in Providence, Rhode Island as First Vice Chair;
- Tom Secor of Durable Corporation in Norwalk, Ohio as Secretary;
- Robert Treiber of Boston Engineering Corporation in Boston, Massachusetts as Treasurer;
- Michael Stanek of Hunt Imaging in Berea, Ohio as Vice Chair for Advocacy;
- Kevin Johnson of Glenwood Management in Cleveland, Ohio as Vice Chair for Communications;
- ML Mackey of Beacon Interactive Systems in Waltham, Massachusetts as Vice Chair for Membership; and
- Cynthia Kay of Cynthia Kay and Co., in Grand Rapids, Michigan as Immediate Past Chair.
While Toerek is new to the Board Chair position, she steps in having been involved with every major leadership discussion over the past year, at the suggestion of Kay, the 2018 chair. With Toerek at the helm, NSBA’s new leadership brings decades of small-business advocacy experience with a broad representation of industries and policy expertise.
“NSBA is that unique national organization where its members and volunteer leadership drive what happens, from policy priorities to member outreach to strategic outlook,” stated Toerek. “I’m proud to lead NSBA with an outstanding group of small-business leaders as we stand up for our small-business members’ needs in Washington, D.C.”
Please click here for more on NSBA’s Board of Trustees.
Celebrating more than 80 years in operation, NSBA is a member-driven nonpartisan organization advocating on behalf of America’s entrepreneurs. NSBA’s 65,000 members represent every state and every industry in the U.S., and we are proud to be the nation’s first small-business advocacy organization. Please visit www.nsba.biz.