Meeting Documents – Nov. 5, 2020
**NOTE: When you click on the Committee Comments on Post-COVID Economic Growth Strategy, you will go to a OneDrive document where you can input comments on a shared document that the entire committee can see, as well as read over comments already received.
Directions for Commenting on OneDrive Documents:
- Click on the link to open the document in OneDrive
- Click on the “Edit” button toward the top-right (a new screen will open)
- Next, input your comments:
- Highlight the text relative to your comments and a pop-up will appear
- Click on the “New Comment” button on the far right of that pop-up.
- A box on the right will appear.
- Enter your name here FIRST, then add your comments.
- Once finished, click on the blue arrow/airplane icon to make your comment public.
Once you have entered your comments, you do NOT need to save – everything is automatically saved in the document.
Because we are an advocacy organization, any new issue brought to the table needs to pass through an “issues filter.” Prior to bringing a new issue to the committee, the following questions should be addressed by you:
- Is the issue a specific small business issue or does the small business perspective add value to a broader conversation?
- How widely will this issue affect and impact our overall membership? Do a significant number of members share the same position?
- Can our organization truly have an impact?
- Are there direct legislative or regulatory actions NSBA staff can take to impact the issue or can we join the efforts of other groups who are taking the lead on it?
Current Tax Issue Brief Booklet
Access the comprehensive issue briefs on all issues under the purview of the Taxation Committee.
NSBA Action Center
Contact your lawmakers through the NSBA Action Center on key issues facing your small business. Spend just 2 minutes to send your Senators and Representatives a well-researched, pre-drafted letter you can easily personalize for maximum impact.
Policy Group Contacts
Malcolm Prouty, Chair
Taxation Issue Committee
Bob Treiber, Chair
Legislative Action Council
NSBA VP of Government Affairs
See below for important Tax Policy Group documents.
The NSBA Tax Policy Group meets the first Thursday of every month at 3:00 p.m. ET
- Nov. 5, 2020
- Dec. 3, 2020